A-WIT Technologies was founded in 2005 to bring a full line of products for the embedded systems educational market. This was done by successfully designing, developing, and marketing more than 200 products. Due to so many entrepreneurs using A-WIT’s products to develop embedded systems, in 2012, the company pivoted its focus to offering product development services. This capitalized on the opportunity to assist these companies in bringing products to market through a full range of product development services.
Toward the end of 2018, A-WIT expanded with opening a new Product Development Center in the Princeton area with offices, meeting space, and a laboratory. This new location will be outfitted with state-of-the-art test, measurements, and automated instrumentation equipment in order to continue providing excellent engineering services.
A-WIT strives for quality. We have a dedication to improvement and quality services and hope to display that as clearly as possible. A-WIT Technologies, Inc. is currently taking the steps to obtain the ISO 9000 certification, a highly coveted collection of guidelines set for quality assurance and quality management worldwide. The goal is to maintain a quality system within the given company. To obtain an ISO 9000, companies must comply with certain requirements to ensure they are on the path to achieving continual improvement. The ISO 9000 should be the initiation of any quality system. With the quality system comes a quality policy. This is our commitment to you, our valued customers:
The Quality Policy for A-WIT is pragmatic. It reflects our philosophy that quality is more than a noble endeavor. The approach to quality at A-WIT is sustainable because of the significant sales, development, and manufacturing benefits it provides. These can be summarized as follows:
- Customers Require Quality
- If A-WIT does not deliver the highest quality products, customers will seek other companies who do.
- Customers define quality. A-WIT listens to customer inputs on how to improve what we do. Customer inputs ultimately define what they expect to buy.
- Quality Improves Profitability
- High quality is attained by paying attention to details. When a quality problem exists, find the root cause and fix it.
- Do not accept the current quality level as the status quo. Quality improvements must continuously occur to keep pace with market demands for lower costs.
The Quality Objective for A-WIT can be summarized as follows:
- We shall be genuine with our customers and each other in all we say and do.
- We shall strive for first pass success.
- We shall utilize integrative project management and best design-to-cost practices.
- We shall design in quality rather than improve it through trial and error.
- We shall deliver superior expertise without charging a premium for it.
A-WIT is led by Dr. Orlando J. Hernandez, a big picture thinker and technologist with more than thirty years of experience in the world of electronics, as well as other technology areas. Dr. Hernandez received his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from Southern Methodist University. He is also a tenured professor in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at The College of New Jersey, with an active program of research in Complex Mixed Signal Systems. He also teaches courses in systems engineering, product development, computer architecture, and advanced circuit design. Previously, he worked at Texas Instruments and at Maxim, where he held positions in design and business management. His research interests include embedded systems, color image segmentation and retrieval, computer vision, image processing, and high-performance specialized VLSI architectures.